Aims And Objectives
Those contemplating joining the I.S.F. will wish to know its Aims, as well as the objects which were adopted at the London Congress of 1960.
The Aim of the Federation is “To reveal that Spiritual Nature of Mankind which harmonises with Natural Law” this forms the basis of the Federation’s Philosophy
Our Objectives Are:
- To promote the advancement, by educational means, and the diffusion throughout the world, of a knowledge of the science and philosophy of Spiritualism/Spiritism. Such philosophy shall be considered as recognising the following Principles:
- the existence of a creative life force
- the existence of a spiritual link between all forms of life
- survival of physical death by the individual spirit
- communication between individual human spirits and different levels of life
Until our spiritual nature returns to the forefront and influences social life on the planet, there can be little hope of peaceful brotherhood during our short stay on earth. Unless we understand our spiritual nature, we will achieve little progress towards the goal of human perfection; life will be without purpose and materialism will ultimately destroy the basis of social life.
As part of its commitment to these objectives, the Federation has set up a Scientific Forum as well as providing teams of teachers to visit different countries, on invitation, to train mediums, healers and speakers to use their gifts to the highest possible purpose.
And in these Articles, the words “Spiritualism” and “Spiritualist” shall be construed accordingly.
- To unite in federal union Spiritualist and related associations in all parts of the world;
If the I.S.F. does no more than help to unite all Spiritualists and like-minded people in a common cause to promote universal brotherhood and tolerance, it will serve mankind well.
- To provide machinery for the holding of General Meetings for delegates of member associations, societies and individual members
- To purchase, take on lease, hire or otherwise acquire and also to let, lease or dispose of any premises or other property for the purposes of the Federation
- To undertake and execute any charitable trusts, the undertaking of which may be deemed desirable
- To borrow from time to time, any monies required for the purposes of the Federation upon such security as may be determined
- To co-operate with any other society or institution having objects similar to those of the Federation, (Especially in the study and spread of an understanding of Spiritualism from the scientific and philosophical points of view.
It is the bringing together of these aspects which will ultimately reconcile science and theology and form a basis for an understanding of the purpose and meaning of birth, life and death.
- To do all such lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any or all of the above objects
Other objects of the Federation are:
- To issue to members, free of charge, a journal and other such literature as may be considered helpful.
- To arrange for the collection and distribution of scientific information likely to interest Spiritualists and scientific workers throughout the world.
- To aid students and enquirers in their researches into all or any of the matters mentioned above.